Curious about homeschooling? Considering homeschooling as a possible option for your child? Have you made the decision to start homeschooling, but aren’t sure where or how to jump in? Have you jumped in, but still have doubts and questions?
If you’ve answered ‘yes’ to any of these questions, the BC CHEC New to Homeschooling (N2HS) workshop stream is for you!
The N2HS workshop will cover such topics as:
- The benefits of homeschooling
- The challenges of homeschooling
- Homeschooling as a lifestyle choice, not just an education choice
- Homeschooling in BC: legalities and choices
- I’m pulling my child out of school to homeschool. Where do I start?
- Methods of homeschooling for your consideration
These and other basic topics will be introduced and discussed with time for questions from attendees. The purpose of this workshop is to provide basic information and to point participants in directions where they can find answers to their questions. Handouts will be available. There are more in-depth workshops offered Friday afternoon and Saturday as well.
(Some depend on the age range of your children)
- Families, become what you are… intimate communities of life and love (Keynote Speaker Bonnie Landry)
- New to Homeschooling (Natalie Sing)
- How to pick the best curriculum for your family
- How to Read a Book so it Becomes the Curriculum
- Inspiring projects for Homeschoolers
- The Power of Organization
- Storytelling: Why it's important to read to your kids!
- An Innovative Approach to Choosing Curriculum
- Entitlement Busters
- Collaborating in your Homeschool Experience
- Morning Basket: Routines & Riches